There are many vacation spots along the beautiful white sand beaches of Negril. Having stayed at a few and had a great time, for the most part, I expected Beaches Negril Resort & Spa to be a great stay.
And it was…and then some. I had an awesome time at this well-reviewed property. Let me break it down for you.
What I liked
- Tons of activities: whether you’re traveling as a couple or as a family unit with kids, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at every turn.
- Plenty of food choices: with seven restaurants (including one Jamaican and one Italian) and six bars to choose from, you’ll have a hard time settling on what to eat and drink.
- Pleasant accommodations: rooms are well-appointed and luxurious, fitted with all the amenities you can think of, as well as being spacious and modern.
- Prime location: although close by to a few hotels, the property is somewhat secluded, but still near to the town center and other places of enjoyment in Negril.
- Spacious property: Sprawled out on 20 acres, the 186-room resort is well-organized and far from feeling crowded.
- Fabulous beach: as is expected of a white-sand beach in Negril, plus you can explore the entire seven-mile stretch
What I disliked
- Not much to dislike, except to say that certain areas can get a bit loud at times because the resort attracts a lot of families with kids.
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa epitomizes the all-inclusive experience. Once I checked in, I pretty much didn’t have to worry about anything, except that I had to make reservations for one of the fine dining restaurants.
Standard rooms here actually feel like suites regarding size when compared to other places I have stayed, plus each room comes with a balcony or patio. Be careful when booking for oceanfront or ocean-facing rooms, as ocean-facing may not meet your expectations as far as viewing the ocean is concerned. Also, as some other reviewers have pointed out, the lower level rooms may experience noise interference, so you might want to book an upper-level room if you want the ultimate in seclusion.
One of the highlights of my stay at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa was the pleasant staff. In addition to being greeted with refreshments upon arrival, my other half and I were treated like royalty as we waited to be taken to our rooms. Also, every arrangement was executed on time and in a pleasant manner.
Another highlight was a number of activities to take part in. In addition to the three swimming pools (two of which have swim-up bars), there’s also Pirate’s Island, which is a mini-destination itself, offering a lazy river and water slides. As for the beach, there are numerous water-sporting choices, including kayaking, paddle-boarding and taking a ride in a glass bottom boat. Back on land, there is also a tennis court for those who want to play, as well as a mini golf course. For the ultimate in R&R, the spa will do wonders for you with its variety of treatment therapies.
Being a family-oriented resort, there are lots of other activities geared towards children, such as a nightclub designed for teens and Sesame Street characters and theme events for the little ones. One thing, if you want a truly couples environment, this hotel is probably not for you. But all in all, it’s fun for everyone.
Book Your Stay at Beaches Resort
This resort has always been ranked as one of the best in Jamaica for couples with kids. If you’re looking to book your stay here, you can use the search box below.