Everyone wants to share the best moments in life with those that matter. However, we cannot take everyone with us wherever we go – but we can show them all the fun we had.
Mirrorless cameras are one of the new trends thanks to their compact size and convenience.
Below we review the best mirrorless camera for travel to help in your decision-making process.
So what are the Mirrorless Cameras?
These are among the latest entry in digital cameras. They are quite unlike the high-end DSLRs as they come without the optical viewfinder. The light goes right into the image sensor from the lens. And because they come without this mirroring mechanism they are compact and lighter – their most significant selling point.
They also provide a decent number of previews, and the versatility they pack is quite tremendous. The resolution is also not badly off and easily tramples any traditional camera once considered to be in a class of their own.
Talking of previews, the mirrorless provides an almost perfect preview looking like the final image. However, this feature works well where there is adequate lighting, and the photos are relatively still.
Their shooting speed is another thing worth talking about. Their lack of mirror somehow helps in the capture of images. This means you can capture numerous photos within a short period.
Even though they cannot match the DSLRs regarding quality, they pull a fast one regarding compact design and discreetness. The mirrorless is therefore ideal for travel. Their shortcomings include the shorter battery life. They require the use of LCD screen and EVF more than the Digital SLRs, and that takes a toll on the battery life.
Reviewing the Top Mirrorless Cameras on the Market
Fujifilm needs no introduction as they are an established brand in the world of cameras. This little X-T20 packs a lot of punches that may sure leave you in amazement. The X-T20 has both manual and automatic control. Its screen has a touch function making operation quite easy. Its high-quality EVF helps you see exactly how the images are going to be. The mirrorless also supports full HD and 4K video functionalities.
- Gives an option of choosing either manual or automatic control
- Touch function LCD for easy operation
- Has various exposure modes allowing you to capture images as they are
- The auto mode has a large variety of preset settings
- High-quality touch LCD monitor
- Supports full HD and 4K video functionality to capture every precious moment
- The viewfinder may seem to lag
- Its wireless functionality is not quite the best
This device has one of the fastest autofocus for fast capture of images. Some moments happen without notice, and a fast device is quite necessary for such situations. And unlike some of its mirrorless peers, this Sony Alpha a6000 packs Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor with 24.3 megapixels for excellent photo enlargement – you have the digital SLRs capability with this little camera.
- Fast autofocus for quick capture of images
- It has a high-quality sensor for easy photo enlargements
- Has a sophisticated processing capability letting you see in advance how the images will turn out
- Full HD movies with clear image zoom to capture motion memories
- Has compact and versatile zoom lenses ideal for travel
- Not the most excellent bundle as some of the equipment are low quality
- Does not come with 4K video functionality
Sony features again with this 20.1 MP sensor for a decent image processing. It is lightweight and compact making it ideal for travel. And for those that love videos, this device has full HD video capability. Its internal WiFi connectivity is quite useful transferring the images across devices.
- Has 20.1 MP sensor for efficient image processing
- Compact size and lightweight making it ideal for travel
- Full HD video capability to capture those memorable motion picture moments
- Has internal WiFi connectivity for a seamless transfer of images
- An LCD monitor that tilts for ease of use
- Does not come with an operating manual and changing the language may be difficult
This may be the perfect camera for outdoor enthusiasts based on the features it packs. For starters, the camera comes with image stabilizer for brighter images in a fast-moving environment. The Panasonic Lumix is built to withstand even the toughest of situations. This compact camera has 4K video functionality and 4K photos to ensure you never miss a great unforgettable moment. You can lift great pictures from the video you shot without any hassle.
- Image stabilizer for clearer images
- A rugged body for durability – it is dustproof and splashproof
- Has 4K video and photo, so you never miss a great shot
- The camera has a grip that is ergonomically designed
- Has a power-saving eye sensor that takes the camera to sleep mode when you turn your eyes away from the viewfinder
- The image stabilizer noise is quite noticeable
- You may need to upgrade the zoom lens
The stand out feature of this camera is the 24.3MP autofocus speed. This camera may shoot up to 11 photos within a second. It has a sophisticated image sensor for high-resolution images. It is compact and lightweight – the features that may make it ideal for travel.
- One of the fastest autofocus in a camera for effective use in a fast moving environment
- A compact and easy to use camera making it ideal for travel
- Come with a sophisticated image sensor for high-resolution images
- High-quality image processor that lets you see what you will be getting form a photo
- Can develop lens recognition issues after a period of use
The best camera for travel is easy to carry around, has both video and great photo functionality and is easy to use. It should produce high-resolution photos you will not be ashamed of showing your friends. Choosing from the above products is a bit difficult, but Fujifilm X-T20 Mirrorless Digital Camera deserves a particular kind of attention.
This top of the range camera has high-resolution photos, it is easy to use and packs 4K video functionality. Furthermore, the device is compact and lightweight making it an ideal companion for travel.