Top Jamaica All Inclusive Resorts For 2018
Jamaica is one of the most popular destinations in the world, welcoming millions of travelers every single year. In fact, most people have Jamaica on their bucket list.
If you’re ready for sunny skies, delicious food, and top-quality liquor, then we’ve got you covered! We have reviewed and hand-picked a list of top resorts we think you’ll love.
Best Resorts in Jamaica: September 2018
This huge 110-acre property is made for couples who want to escape and unwind. Even the most basic rooms come polished and fit with amenities for a great stay. There are 16 restaurants, 11 bars, and great entertainment. All the makings for a fun time.
Pros of Sandals Ochi
- Spacious rooms which offer scenic ocean views
- Pick from a number of huge pools
- Ability to play golf
- Clean, private beach
- Sees many returning guests yearly
Cons of Sandals Ochi
- Property is huge (may take some getting used to when moving around)
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace is one of the most amazing ultimate-luxury resorts on the island. It features spacious rooms with partial or full ocean view rooms. Enjoy tons of activities which include watersports and an outdoor waterpark.
Pros of Moon Palace
- Spacious, clean rooms with stunning sea views
- 24-Hour Room Service and Cafe on Property
- Huge outdoor swimming pools and water park which kids will love!
- Spa Available
Cons of Moon Palace
- More costly than other resorts in the area
- Large grounds
Dubbed the “perfect family escape,” Beaches offer a fantastic array of fun things to do. The resort is located on the seven-mile beach and features a water park, kids’ area, and teen camp. You’ll also enjoy the rooms and restaurants here.
Pros of Beaches Negril
- Being a family resort there’s tons of activities to do here.
- Amazing beach, clear blue water which you will enjoy
- Teen nightclub
- Sesame Street characters which children will enjoy interacting with
- Clean, spacious and beautiful rooms
Cons of Beaches Negril
- Resort will have lots of kids. Noise can be an issue.
- Certain facilities can be crowded at times
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
If you’re searching for accommodation that’s easy on the pocket then consider Royal Decameron Club Caribbean. At this location, you’ll find cottage styled huts, a decent sized beach, three open-air restaurants, and 2 pools. It’s a smaller-type property which many guests love. No room service here, but that’s a reasonable sacrifice for the price point.
Pros of Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Non-motorized sports will keep you busy throughout the day
- Clean and well-kept grounds
- Good nightly entertainment
Cons of Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
- No room service here
- You have to pay an additional fee for Wifi and Safe
- Not much to do within walking distance of resort
Sandals Royal Plantation
The perfect intimate setting can be found at Sandals Royal Plantation. Expect everything from great food to high-quality service. You’ll love the seclusion of the beach and the luxury-style dining. The location is also close to attractions and shops in Ocho Rios.
Pros of Sandals Royal Plantation
- Stunning rooms with butler service
- Secluded beach which you’ll surely enjoy
- 24-hour room service
- Water sports and golf available
- Close to the town (which has restaurants and attractions to enjoy)
Cons of Sandals Royal Plantation
- Small pool for a hotel of this size
Secrets Wild Orchid
One of the best places if you’re looking to stay in luxury. You’ll find 10 restaurants and 8 bars (plenty of variety!). You can engage in everything from dance classes to bicycle rides here. It’s a adults resort with beautiful rooms, good entertainment, spa and friendly staff.
Pros of Secrets Wild Orchid
- Large rooms with classic decor and private balcony
- Plenty of food choices (with up to 10 restaurants to choose from)
- Adults-only (perfect for romantic seclusion)
- Free activities to keep you busy (water sports, dance classes etc.)
Cons of Secrets Wild Orchid
- Some facilities are shared with Secrets St. James. This can cause crowding at times.
One of the newer-type resorts down in Negril which opened it’s doors to guests in January 2017. Among the amenities here is a beautiful garden and huge pool. The resort has a modern feel and the cozy air-conditioned rooms reflect that. Like others on our list be prepared for activities, there’s quite a few to do here.
Pros of Royalton Negril
- Newer type resort with modern facilities
- Beautiful rooms and well-kept grounds
- Friendly and helpfu staff
- Good nightly entertainment
Cons of Royalton Negril
- Room service wait time disappointing
- Diamond Club VIP package needs to be improved upon
Luxury Bahia Principe
This huge adults-only property features large and airy junior suites with a comfortable bed and jacuzzi in the bathroom (a nice touch). Grounds are beautiful and well-kept and gives that “home-away-from-home vibe.”
Pros of Luxury Bahia Principe
- Large and comfortable junior suites
- Wide variety of food options
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Large pool which is one of the highlights
Cons of Luxury Bahia Principe
- Some staff friendly while others are not
- Restaurant reservations hard to secure in some cases
- Limited activities in the day
Things to Consider Before Booking
There are a variety of criteria that you should consider before making that final decision on a resort. Admittedly many people are quick to pop out their credit card and make reservations without giving thought to the bad feedback others may have experienced. There are also many things that you’re likely to get at a 5-star resort which you don’t have access to at a 3-star. This can include things such as 24-hour room service, turn-down service, and multiple dining options.
Simple things such as an in-room safe or FREE wifi can make a huge difference in whether you’re relaxed and comfortable during your stay or not. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and done my best to write thoroughly on what each of the Jamaica all inclusive resorts has to offer.
Consider checking for these things:
Exceptional Customer Support
This goes a far way when it comes to a perfect vacation. If you encounter staff that’s difficult, not hospitable or that just give you a bad vibe, then it can ruin your high hopes. I’ve fortunately had the pleasure of encountering this before at a reputable 4-star hotel, and it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. With that said however, most of the staff you encounter are likely to be very well trained, courteous and friendly.
Restaurant Options (Buffet Style and “Fancy” Dining)
This goes without saying, when you’re on holiday there’s no limit. At least for me anyways. Be sure to check into the dining options you have available and what people have to say about the food. If you’re a picky eater or a vegetarian, you’ll want to ensure there are enough food options available to you.
Daily Activities (e.g. Water and Beach Sports)
You probably won’t spend your entire day lounging on a beach day soaking in the sun. So it’s a good idea to check out what activities the hotel of your choice features daily. Most places (especially the higher rated destinations) have a dedicated “Entertainment Team.” The primary job of this unique set of people is to, you guessed it, ensure guests are having a blast.
There are fun things to do such as Water Polo, Volleyball, Snorkelling (some places), Cycling, Cooking Classes and the list goes on. Be sure to ask the front desk where you can find the daily list of activities each day while there.
Almost always the hotel you stay at can facilitate your transportation off of the property. But it’s worthwhile asking to make sure. If you’ve already pinpointed some of the attractions in Jamaica that you want to see then be sure to mention it to them.
As your plane touches the tarmac, you’ll be excited. Relax, kick back and enjoy. In the words of Bob Marley, “Let’s Get Together and Feel Alright!”
You may not be the type of person who likes daytime activities and find yourself more drawn to evening and nighttime entertainment. If so, it would serve you well to consider what entertainment options your chosen resort offers. Most of the all-inclusive resorts will have live music, dancing lessons, live shows, and nightclubs, but you will also find some resorts that offer some of the following:
- Themed Nights
- Piano Bars
- Kids clubs and discos
- Cocktail Parties
- Special Events
- Guest & Talent Shows