There are some things that you can never leave behind when planning a trip out of town. You will need a few clothes to change on and a few other things. You will also need to pack a travel blanket and pillow as the journey gets more relaxed and shorter when asleep.
In the following review, we discuss some of the best travel blanket and pillow sets that you can get for your next travel.
Understanding the material on Travel Blanket and Pillow Set
- Polyester: this is one of the most common fibers you will find in the market. It is rugged and flexible compared to others like cotton. Polyester makes a great traveling blanket based on its high flexibility – you can quickly arrange it in a neat square and put it in the bag. The fabric also resists shrinking and wrinkles saving you from the embarrassment of having to explain to other passengers that you did not rescue it from the goat’s mouth! – Not that it’s necessary. Polyester products are also relatively cheap in comparison to others.The shortcomings of polyester include its tendency to stick to your sweaty skin. It is not very breathable and may experience discomfort when traveling in hot environments. The fabric is temperature-sensitive and may also not maintain the beautiful prints on it.
- Cotton: unlike polyester, cotton is a breathable fabric and the best for your perspiring skin. Cotton fabric is natural and free of chemicals making it hypoallergenic – this is especially good for those with sensitive skin.
- Blends: the polyester and cotton blends bring out the best of both worlds. It brings together the strength and flexibility of poly with the breathability and natural feel of cotton.
- Microfiber: this is one fantastic fabric that demonstrates a high level of ruggedness – it can easily withstand mishandling associated with frequent travel. It is stain resistant – a great feature especially for those with kids. Should anything spill on it, you just wipe it off. Microfiber is also comfortable on the skin as it wicks moisture away from it – talk about breathability! However, this fabric is sensitive to heat.
The Most Important Things to Look For
- Simplicity: the primary goal of having a travel blanket and pillow is comfort so you can enjoy moments in dreamland along the journey. After all, there isn’t much to see after the first few hours. You don’t want something that is too complex to use where you need to open several zippers. The best set is easy to use and does not attract too much attention that may distract you from your attempt to catch some sleep. Truth be told, you are not taking part in a fashion show. However, that is no trump card to card to go for an unappealing set. Be reasonable in your choice.
- Prints: this factor is more apparent on whether you are masculine or feminine. Women love something beautiful with a variety of flower prints on them. As a woman, something bold and appealing to match your personality will be appropriate. However, men want single color equipment. They will never want to be caught using something that doesn’t highlight being macho. For some of them, flowers are for girls. If you are buying a blanket and pillow set for your friend that loves traveling, then it’s a good idea first to confirm the kind of prints they love before checking out.
- Travel-friendly: there is a good reason why you will rarely see a passenger on a plane bring their duvet and pillow they use at home. Of course, they are not travel-friendly – they would take a significant amount of time to pack and find an appropriate suitcase to hold them. Your home blanket may also prove problematic for other passengers who may be forced to keep brushing off and moving out of the way of your fluffy blanket. A decent set is compact enough to serve your needs and not be a problem for others.
- Warm and cozy: the best travel blanket and pillow is comfy and warm to keep you from the morning or the night chill when traveling. This will allow you to catch some sleep while your fellow passengers are struggling to stay warm. Frequent business travelers know the importance of having adequate rest when traveling – you reach your destination fresh and ready to face any challenges coming your way.
- Portability: anything that you take with on your journey must be portable. This means that they must be more comfortable to carry and move around with. It is usually a good idea to go for a set that comes along with a bag – this makes your task of carrying your cozy blanket around so much easier.
Reviewing the Best Pillow Set Combos
If looking for a cozy, super soft and warm blanket, then this might be the most appropriate for you. They will keep your legs and feet warm throughout the entire length of the journey. It is also not too big to pack and move with it. All you need to do is zip it up into a neat pack and move with it wherever you are going.
- Cozy, soft and warm fabric
- Compact and lightweight to take with you to the airport
- This blanket is a space saver as you can zip into a pillow if need be
- An excellent product for the outdoors
- A unique gift for a loved one
- None so far
This travel kit is made from Bamboo Rayon associated with a number of benefits. The fabric is hypoallergenic and machine washable. This means that you will never have to worry about catching something when using the kit. For travelers, it is essential that their items stay presentable as you are on the plane or bus with other strangers. The good thing about this kit is that the material is wrinkle-resistant and will not need to go through those embarrassing moments.
- A hypoallergenic fabric
- Machine washable
- The material is also wrinkle-resistant
- Thermal regulating
- Resistant to bacteria and odor
- May not be the best in extremely cold weather
The blanket and pillow are purely French microfiber. This means a set that is super soft, absorbs moisture and travel-friendly. With this Cabeau Fold ‘n Go Travel Blanket & Case, you may have found the perfect companion for travel out of town. And for the chilly nights, the blanket and pillow are a source of adequate warmth. This kit is also machine-washable should you need to clean it. The blanket is both compact and the right size to cover you adequately without proving a problem for the other passengers.
- Compact for travel
- Machine washable fabric
- Soft and comfortable
- Warm for the journey
- A highly portable set
- Easy to pack
- The Velcro on the pillowcase is not the best
The product comes as a set including everything to make your journey comfortable. It also comes in an easy to carry case making packing easier for you. This kit is also multifunctional and can be used in a variety of places such as sports stadium, camping, traveling and air travel among others. And to ensure durability, this product is made of polar fleece. It is easy on your skin and machine-washable.
- Includes everything to make your journey restful
- Easy to use
- An easy to carry case
- Durable product
- Warm and comfortable
- It may feel uncomfortable on the neck
A travel blanket and pillow set are some of the important equipment you should never leave the house without if going on a journey. If you are shopping for this kit, then there are some factors you should look out for. First and foremost, the fabric on your pillow and blanket should be wrinkle-free. It should be easy on the skin and thermal regulating to make comfortable for a nap. So far, Modern Household Perfect Pillow Blanket Combo, is one kit that ticks all the boxes. The fabric on is hypoallergenic, compact and lightweight making it perfect for travel.