If you’re anything like me you hate long plane journeys. The longer it takes, the more uncomfortable you feel.
Taking a nap throughout the trip makes it easy to take. We’ve put together a list the best inflatable travel pillows on th market to help you get some comfortable nap time on your journey.
See the reviews below:
What to Look for
- Comfortable: the reason for getting an inflatable pillow for the journey is to ensure that your neck and back are as comfortable as possible. There are those with strengthened ribs and resemble neck braces. However, such models may be comfortable but be a bit restrictive. The pillow should not feel as if it has been stuffed something against its will. It should be soft and gentle on your neck so that you can sleep easy.
- The shape: the best inflatable travel pillow should have a form that fits your neck well. It should have a regular form so that it can support your neck evenly on all sides. For example, a U-shaped travel pillow is designed to support your head on either side. Should you choose to lean your head backward, the pillow is there. The same case applies to either side.
- Neck support: to get the best support for your neck, you will need to consider just how you sleep while on travel. Of course, everyone has their own position which they drift off to sleep. If you are one of those that tilt their head forward, then travel pillows in the shape of a neck brace may be the best. The inflatables and memory foam will give you firm support if you need it.
- Fabric: the type of material for the inflatable will depend on the environment in which you will be traveling. If it during winter, then fleece is best. And if the roads you will be passing are bumpy, cotton or smooth plastic to absorb the shock and heat.You will also find polyester pillows in the market and are definitely the cheapest. However, this material has the benefit of being a non-allergenic. Polyester is also easy to wash and is comfortable.There is also the much more expensive wool, easy to clean and soft. Wool tends to maintain its shape better and is much more comfortable.
- Size: as a traveler, you want something convenient and easy to carry. Avoid anything bulky especially in the case of pillows. The good thing about inflatables is that they can be folded small and thrown into the side pockets of your bag. Even though memory foam cannot match the inflatables, they can be compressed into space in your bag. A microbead pillow can be a little bulky as they can neither be folded nor compressed – be prepared to deal with the full weight.
- Durability: chose your travel pillow depending on the amount of time you spend on the road. Memory tends to be more durable than the inflatable or microbead, and minor bruises will do little to affect its performance. A microbead tear can mean that you need to replace it. Small gushes on an inflatable can be repaired if you have the time. Otherwise, you may need to discard it.
- Weight: weight is a critical factor and will determine the easiness at which you drift off to sleep. The majority of inflatables come at an appropriate weight that anyone can easily take. However, it is not hard to come across a pillow that is a bit heavy and which will keep you turning trying to determine the best position.When it comes to carrying it around, the majority of pillows are lightweight to take with you to your favorite carrier. However, inflatable pillows are the lightest and easy to carry around.
- The cost: various factors go into the price of the pillow. Among the most important is the quality and durability of the product. You cannot expect one poor quality pillow to be the same price as premium quality. Regardless, you cannot go for a very expensive pillow only to be using it just a few times in a year. Frequent travelers will need something rugged to last a considerable amount of time.
- Color: most people may not mind the color, but others feel comfortable with a specific one. There are those people that will feel uneasy on a bold color. They may think that attracting the attention of other passengers inappropriate especially when they are fast asleep.
Reviewing Your Airplane Pillow Options
If you have an inflatable pillow, it is critical to make sure that it does not leak. A leaking pillow is not a comfortable one. NeckWell Inflatable Travel Pillow valve is designed in a way that it will never leak. It is also easy to inflate and deflate, all you need to do is press a button, and the pillow fills with air – how easy can that be? Inflate up to 85%, and it will be more comfortable. This product is designed in a way to relieve the tension from your neck and shoulders.
- Non-leak design
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Relieves pressure from neck and shoulders
- An adjustment string to prevent slipping
- An easy to wash cover
- It is space saving
- May not be sturdy enough for some people
This inflatable is made from PVC base, durable and comfortable. It has a built-in pump that makes inflation a quick and straightforward task. The pillow is made in such a way that it relieves pressure on the head and neck so you can relax easy. For aesthetic appeal, the zipper is hidden so that the surface looks smooth and even. It seems decent that the business travelers will be proud of it.
The pillow also comes with a bag for more comfortable carrying from one place to the other. And if traveling in relatively cold areas, this is one pillow that feels warm – the fabric is thick and soft.
- Durable and comfortable material
- Built-in and fast inflating pump
- Soft and easy to wash velvet material
- Has the perfect design for relaxation
- It is an easy to use pillow
- May not be the best in hot areas
This is another pillow that is easy to inflate and deflate. You only need to push a button continuously, and it is filled with air. It has an innovative design that aligns your spine and neck efficiently for maximum comfort. The pillow is covered with a soft velvet material that feels nice on the skin and is easy to wash. And to make it easy to carry around, the pillow comes with a neat and convenient bag – this is especially good for the men who like everything compact and light.
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- An innovative design for optimal relaxation
- Soft and easy to clean velvet material
- A versatile pillow that you can use in many places
- This may be an excellent gift for a loved one
- Not the best in warm environments
This travel pillow comes with an easy to use and portable pump to inflate it. It is designed in a way that it accommodates the curvature of the spine so that you will not feel any pressure on the cervix. The pillow also takes the shape of the neck and supports your chin to further reduce strain on your back. You can easily take this pillow wherever you are going – it can be to the office, camping or a business trip. And when the pillow has no air, you can easily fold it and put it in your bag.
- Comes with an easy to use pump
- Ergonomic design that takes the pressure off you back
- The pillow is multifunctional and can use it anywhere
- Very portable
- It is easy to leave the pump behind
The pillow’s attractive design and the color is the first thing that you notice. It is made from polyester which unlike other materials is comfortable – there are no sweaty experiences that characterize velvet made pillows. This velvet pillow weighs under 3 oz making it among the lightest and compact pillows you will find around. This product comes with a removable cover that you can easily wash with soap and water.
- Has an attractive design
- It is easy to use
- Comfortable material that is also sweat-free
- This inflatable pillow is lightweight and compact
- Easy to wash material
- The polyester fabric is noisy
- May be too small for some people
The most common problem with some of the inflatables is leaking. One moment the pillow is bouncy and comfortable filled with air and the next it’s inflated. The above-reviewed products do not seem to have this problem. However, NeckWell Inflatable Travel Pillow is one product worth having especially if you are a frequent traveler.
This inflatable is easy to use, and you just press a button for it to fill with air. It is also compact and lightweight, rendering it easy to carry around. The cover is warm and quite easy to wash.